Upcoming meetings of the FHTA
Wednesday 5th October 2016 – 6.30pm All Inn One Bar, Perry Vale – All members and other traders welcome to attend.
Up for discussion at this meeting –
- Forest Fest – to replace Fiver Fest, a new event for Forest Hill Traders on 29th October to coincide with Halloween events in town.
- Scheduling Forest Hill Business Improvement District meeting in early December.
- Preparations for World Philosophy Day event in Forest Hill on November 17th – Emma Worley coming from The Philosophy Foundation to discuss.
- Re-drawing of Trade-winds map in town center sign.
Abbreviated minutes from the FHTA AGM held on 24th February 2016:
- Feedback on web site and social media, plans for expansion of both with plan going forward to include relevant information pertaining to the Forest Hill business community, re-tweeting and engaging with members and non-members with full service for engagement to only include member businesses and business and relevant social interest social media in the long term. Business profiles to be produced on a regular basis to highlight individual members.
- Re-launch of membership fees from 1st April after a year of cleaning the existing database and re-establishing the FHTA. Cost to remain unchanged at £80 per annum, payable by standing order or direct online payment once a year in April (or pro rata for new businesses)
- Canvasing of new members and drive to get businesses on board, both new and existing.
- Creation of a new calendar of events in Forest Hill for the web site and sign.
- Development of sign and usage for members and public interests only.
- Executive committee re-appointed, with Cyrus Colquitt (Framing Salon, Stag & Bow) being returned as Chair and Zoe Parker (The Archie Parker) being returned as Secretary. Angela Finch and Julia Channon to stand down as Treasurers when suitable replacements step forward for appointment.
- Next meetings scheduled for Wednesday 9th March (Executive and Members) at All Inn One and a social event on Thursday 14th April (All interested traders) details to be confirmed.
- AOB – Discussion of FHTA involvement in Library take-over community group in conjunction with V22 and Forest Hill Society. Potential business seminars to be developed. Forest Hill Arts launch.
The following members attended the meeting: Cyrus, Zoe, Julia (All Inn One), Angela (Finches), Simon Higgs (The Archie Parker, Flack Tackle Ltd), Pauline Wright (Sugar Mountain, FHFW). Interested potential members attended: Stephen (Potential new start-up business) and Annette (Global Gateway Travel Agents) . Non-members: Michael Abrahams (Forest Hill Soc) and John Russell (Former Councillor and FHSoc Chair).
Apologies: Karen (Mind Body Therapy), Sally (Mirror Mirror), Steve (Campervantastic), Matt (The Hill), Robyn (Wild Horses), Paul Upex (Councillor) and Maja Hilton (Councillor)